As I sit here in my outdoor office (aka the hammock) the sun is shining, birds are chirping, bees are buzzing. I wonder how much I am going to miss the freedom of not working when I have to go back to work. What? You aren't working yet? You lazy so and so. True, all true. Soon that will be changing, more about that in my next blog....
As I am coming up to a busy time I felt it important to review my survival strategy and ensure that my feet are still moving forward.
1. Take a university course - the course from hell will be done in 3 weeks, can not wait to see the end of this one. I am very appreciative to not be working while attempting to finish this one. In my work life I would have had to get a resident expert to help...
2 House and yard work - remember those eaves troughs I recommended you get after? Well I should have taken my own advice. We had a bad storm come through and due to my incredible laziness the water came over my plugged eaves troughs, into the hole a dog dug by the window well, and into the basement bedroom. Luckily I was able to fix all the problems and the basement is dry and beautiful BUT had I not procrastinated I would have saved myself hours of work on the basement. Geesh
3. Join the gym - yep I did this for 1 month and then let the membership go because it is summer and there is more to life that looking out the window of the cardio room. Happy to report that I have stayed active and am down 15 pounds :)
4. Everyday get up, shower, get dressed and so something constructive. This was a toughy for me, curling up with a good book in my outdoor office is constructive right?? The above university course takes many hours of my day but I do attempt to be a contributing adult in my spare time. I have created a new look with my new attitude. 15 pounds changes a person, like, I'm a brunette now lol
5. Do good. This is a carry on through life. It isn't until I have to talk about it that I realize how many little things a person does that makes a difference to someone else.
6. Look for a job. Yep, been there done that. I haven't tried too hard to look for a job, if there was something interesting then I would apply. A side note to all you HR people, do not tell someone that has been unemployed for 3 months that they are overqualified! But, on the other hand, it kept me from getting jobs that wouldn't challenge me.
Overall my strategy to remain an executive level functioning adult has been successful. The next month is going to be crazy busy, I have to finish the course from hell, my mom is coming to visit, my grandson Phoenix is coming to visit, Phoenix and I are going camping, Phoenix and I will be doing a road trip to BC to take mom home, AND it looks like I will be moving. Also, hopefully my house will sell......

No comments:
Post a Comment