Friday, April 17, 2015

Job hunting hell

Let me tell you about job hunting these days.  Those of you that are laid off like me already know  the special hell this is but let me fill in everyone else.

Now I am not a serious career seeker yet.  If I can swing it I would never work again but I will settle for taking the summer off.  I still go online and check out the offerings though in case there is a job I can't live without.

Here is the process these days
1. Spend hours online looking on LinkedIn, Indeed, Workopolis, Jobbank, you name it.
2. Find a position that is appropriate for your credentials and experience
3. Click apply online (because that is your only option) and get forwarded to the company website
4. Open account on website, don't forget to mention you are a minority, because apparently we women are
5. Upload resume
6. Fill in all the data manually that your resume already has because the upload thingy does not work properly
7. Submit application into the resume abyss
8. Pray that you have put in enough key words for the HR management data sorter to recognize that you are the rock start they need for this position
9. NEVER HEAR FROM THE COMPANY

Company's are actually saying they only accept online applications. This way you type all your credentials into their database for them and they don't even have to read your resume.  I'm going to put statements like "leprechaun riding" and "whiskey shooting" to see if I can at least make someone curious enough to look at my resume.  Maybe some hieroglyphics or dead body pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment