Wednesday, April 15, 2015

New life, maybe

Hi everyone, so here is my new blog....

For an unemployed woman I have alot of things going on right now, there is the selling of the house, the university studies, the visiting with the kids, the tree laying in my driveway....let start at the beginning.

On March 13 I received an email from my boss giving me a lay off notice WHILE I WAS ON VACATION!! asshole.

Let's talk about the vacation first.  On March 7 I left for a trip to Peru.  I hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, I went alligator hunting in the Amazon at night, I fed Piranhas.  The hike was an amazing test of endurance.  It was 48 kms and 13,750 feet above sea level at the highest point.  Day 2 was by far the most physically challenging day of my life and the most rewarding (aside from my kids of course).  Machu Picchu was anticlimatic after the journey of getting there.  Sure it was beautiful and a wonder worth seeing, but there was way too many people.  I highly recommend that if you want to go to Machu Picchu you hike the trail to get there.  Hey, I did it at 47 years old, that's no small feat.  It was honestly a life changing experience for me, I know there is nothing I can't do.

Let's get back to the asshole.  There I am heaving my carcass up the side of mountains and there is my boss thinking "oh if I lay people off while they are on holidays I won't have to pay them severance".   Right now you HR folks are getting riled up by this I am sure, don't worry I corrected him on the error of his ways. The job was "meh" so it works for me to be laid off right now.

So, to get back to the point, this blog is going to be about my quest for a fullfilling life that will likely include a new job since I haven't managed to find an old rich guy to bump off yet.  I don't know how long I can keep this blog up, us unemployed over achievers are very busy people, but I hope you enjoy it while it lasts.








3 comments:

  1. Hey Carol! Sorry to hear about the job thing but happy to see you use it as a springboard to etter things!!! Dave G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carol! Sorry to hear about the job thing!! But glad to see you use it as a springboard to greater things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought it was worth repeating!! LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete