Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Selling the Chalet

Ok, so I'm a bit of a perfectionist (insert eye roll here).  When I get a house ready to sell, it is painted, staged, and spotless.  There are cutesy flowers on the entry table and fresh brownies on the counter. So what the hell are, not one, but two trees doing laying in my driveway. 

When I came home from my trip to Peru (and am laid off, don't forget) I decided to sell my house.  I decided this for many reasons; to be closer to my kids, to not have to spend 2 hours every 4 days mowing my lawn, to keep me from having to stand on a street corner in Bonnyville to get money for gas.


This is my rediculously large lawn.  Sure you can come drink beer around the firepit, bring a mower.

In February of this year we had a huge dump of snow and I needed to have the big assed driveway plowed.  This is half of said driveway


When the plow came through they ripped an entire spruce tree out by the roots and left it laying along my driveway.  Being the procrastinator that I am I left it there.  

Then I went on holidays and came back to another tree at the end of the drive laying in pieces.  Upon closer inspection I realized it was the top 20 feet of a tree that had broken off (not sure how, evil minions maybe).  The rest of this very big tree will come down someday soon, another reason to sell.  Luckily I was not here so my neighbours cleaned the tree off the road and piled it by my driveway.  Unluckily I procrastinated on moving it and it was frozen to the ground for 2 weeks before I could get that eyesore cleaned up.  

Now the trees are finally cleaned up, the house is listed, it's painted, staged, and spotless. And boring, so boring..  No more excuses, I have to get my assignments done and maybe start looking for a job, right after I eat a tub of icecream for supper and wash it down with a Rye and coke.



No comments:

Post a Comment